Popmoney is a complete scam, this company is making a killing on your behalf by treating like dirt once you deposit the money with them for transfer.My son sent me 2 x 2000.00 USD, they took the money but they blocked me from receiving the money with an excuse that my account needed to be verified.

I called them and answered all their questions but still claimed that their security team needed to look further into verifying my account (what ever that means?).

It has been a week and I could not access money...I am looking to take these frauds to court...I will never use their service and I hope no one else would.

Review about: Popmoney Money Transfer.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

I tried them out a few years ago, transferring $100 and found them wanting. Slow to transfer the funds and BS when I called to inquire. Never used them again.

I’ve been had too. I did everything they asked, verified my phone number, email AND bank account.. still nothing!

The verification of your account is actually the verification of your identity.Popmoney is a funds transfer service which means they have to stick to government regulations and standards - specifically identity verification.

Think of it as this, if you were to go to a store for WesternUnion you have to provide standard information and show your license...Popmoney is the same in that your identity needs to be verified.

All because you call into Popmoney and are asked verification questions doesn't mean your identity is verified.The verification questions are standard authentication questions so the representative knows they're talking to the account owner.

to Anonymous #1344251

They use vocabulary trickery.Leading people to believe this is a quick way to send or recieve payment.

Which is not the truth.

So MUCH EASIER AND FASTER TO WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM $ TO ANYONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE A WEEK OR MORE TO WAIT ON THE $ THEY NEED.BBB COMPLAINING