So a friend of mine graciously decided to send me a large sum of money to assist me with some legal fees I had accrued.$2300 total.
I had just opened a new Truwest account and they recommended Popmoney for account to account transfers. So we decide to send the daily limit ($2000) through Popmoney and then the other $300 the next day. But the next day we are informed both our accounts have been placed on hold for fraud investigation. My friend is told they need to verify her identity.
They do some stuff involving depositing money and verifying the amount. They ask for some personal info. Basically put her through the wringer. But finally it's resolved and they inform her the money will be sent after they lift the hold and then in 3 business days I'll have the money.
three days later, I get an email saying they need to verify ME now. Why they didn't think of this while they were dealing with her is beyond me. So I fax them my bank statement and a copy of my ID. I call to confirm they got the documents and they say yes they did.
I'll be contacted in 24 hours. 48 hours later I call them and they say yes, it was verified. The transfer will start the end of that day. 24 hours LATER we both get emails.
Tina needs to send them her bank info and ID now and I get an email saying my ID was illegible and needs to be re-sent. Keep in mind, this is money for legal fees. If I don't pay these on time I go to prison! We went from 3 weeks to pay these fees to less than a week and Popmoney is STILL dicking us around!
Today we had enough. Tina cancelled the transfer and we have been told the fees will be deposited back to her account in 2 business days. I'm skeptical. And on top of that, some reviews I've found have mentioned they incurred a $15 cancellation fee.
the transfer was supposed to be less than $3 and they sat on their *** dicking me and Tina around.If they charge a cancellation fee because they were too incompetent to do the one job their service is there to do I am going to hit the roof.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Failure to deliver
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Money Transfer
- Review category
- Financial Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "It is with regret for now we are unable to post our identities’ as we all pray to God our day will come soon, we collectively succeed in suing for..."
- " Nicholas Bilaczenko 1 second ago The Cause : Internet computer technology is flawed , NYSE computers are in principle no different to Home Personal Computer [PC] with 100's of..."
- "Hey it's me Liquid. I was given this in response to my "You are a pyramid" accusation. They claimed that "Why would Nationwide slap their name with World Financial Group..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "What a NIGHTMARE. My husband and I took a vacation in February. We were flying into New Orleans, LA, driving to Houston, TX, finally ending up in Austin, TX..."
- "The management of this facility does not honor their words they publicly display on the front counter. The last three times I have been there, the staff has a attitude..."
- "I puchased Oakley Capacitor frames from lenscrafters at 3107 S. Ih-35 Suite 780 Round Rock, Texas 78664. After owning my frames, one of the screws fell off. I..."