Last week I had $1400 transferred to me through pop money by my daughter.I logged in to my account to view the transaction and saw a message that my account was on hold and to call their customer service.

I called and was told that it would take 1 to 2 days to clear the block. I called again today and was told that it takes 5 to 6 days to clear the block. This company is holding it's users money illegally. They take in the money being transferred and have a standard 2 to 3 day period to clear the money, like a bank holding a check until it clears.

They can arbitrarily place an account "on Hold" that allows the money to be held as long as they want.

This practice is illegal.Popmoney should be prosecuted and put out of business.

Review about: Popmoney Money Transfer.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Technically, if your identity cannot be verified by a third party source search by the Popmoney system you will be placed on a hold which is perfectly legal.Popmoney is a funds transfer service which is required by law to do due diligence and verify identity (just like WesternUnion at the local supermarket).

Furthermore, all payments that aren't claimed due to holds being placed on profiles or other reasons will be returned to the sender within 10 calendar days.

And no, Popmoney cannot hold funds to "make money" - that is illegal unless the company is specifically catered to do such, i.e.hedge fund company.