It takes more than a week for funds to be available.Even when you are notified that the fund is available it takes an additional 3 days minimum to see see the money in your bank account.

WORST TRANSFER SERVICE EVER. Look at the image attached, notice the date on the transfer. It is ridiculous DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, except you don't need the money for a month. I received an email telling the fund was available three days ago and still showing pending to this day.

I do not recommend this service, check with your bank if they use it.If they do, find another way to send the money.

Review about: Popmoney Money Transfer.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Popmoney Money Transfer
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Popmoney?

Comments

Robert

I don't work for Popmoney; but I do work for an FI that uses their stuff.You didn't specify, but I am guessing that you most likely sent the payment to an email address or mobile phone number.

The recipient has to act on the email or text they receive, go to popmoney.com, register and provide their account information, verify the email or phone used in the payment- and then they will see any payments being sent to that email or phone to deposit.

The recipient gets 10 calendar days from the time you send a payment to do this; if they don't do it 10 days- the payment expires and returns to your account in 2-3 additional business days.

If your recipient doesn't act on the email or text, your money WILL be tied up for about 2 weeks.

If you enter their bank account information and send directly to their account rather than email or phone, it takes 3 business days from the send date.

Reason is when popmoney debits your account, they have no idea whether they got the money or not until a day later. This is how ACH works naturally. So it takes a day from the debit for the money to clear and show up in popmoney's holding account(s). Once they get the money from you and they see it in their account, they then send it to your recipient.

Your recipient then gets it on the 3rd day.

Money transfers and banking is rarely A to B my account -> other person's account. Last thing to know is if you register on popmoney.com yourself and...

The need for popmoney to submit an ACH debit and wait a day to find out if you had money in your account or not is eliminated when using a debit card.Anyway I'm hoping this stuff goes away when Zelle (backed by same company that makes popmoney if you can believe that) goes big in 2018- because no one reads/understands any of it and that is obvious from the reviews here.